NEW DELHI Japanese automaker Nissan Motor has begun international arbitration against India to seek more than $770 million in a dispute over unpaid state incentives, according to a person familiar with the matter and documents reviewed by Reuters.
Latest Auto News
DETROIT Sales of new vehicles in the United States should decline in 2018 as high prices and competition from nearly-new, off-lease vehicles will weigh on consumers, a dealer lobby group said on Friday.
DETROIT Major automakers posted mixed U.S. November new vehicle sales for November on Friday, with General Motors Co and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (FCA) down largely on lower fleet sales, while Ford Motor Co's sales rose.
DETROIT, Dec 1 Major automakers posted mixed U.S. November new vehicle sales for November on Friday, with General Motors Co and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (FCA) down largely on lower fleet sales, while Ford Motor Co's sales rose.
DETROIT, Dec 1 Sales of new vehicles in the United States should decline in 2018 as high prices and competition from nearly-new, off-lease vehicles will weigh on consumers, a dealer lobby group said on Friday.
LONDON Alfa Romeo's return to Formula One shows the value of the sport and suggests Ferrari will not follow through on threats to leave, according to Red Bull principal Christian Horner.
* FORD SALES UP 6.7 PERCENT IN NOVEMBER; F-SERIES ACHIEVES BEST SALES IN 16 YEARS, WHILE FORD SUVS POST BRAND’S BEST NOVEMBER SALES IN 17 YEARS
* FCA US LLC - IN NOVEMBER, RETAIL SALES OF 129,539 UNITS WERE UP 2 PERCENT COMPARED WITH SAME MONTH IN 2016 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* NOV DOMESTIC SALES OF 11,819 UNITS VERSUS 8,029 UNITS LAST YEAR
BERLIN A German government agency has removed Tesla from the list of electric cars eligible for subsidies, sparking a row with the U.S. company over whether its Model S is too expensive to qualify for the scheme.
* Tesla denies this, says drivers can buy no-frills version (Recasts, adds Tesla response, background on subsidy programme)
JOHANNESBURG, Dec 1 South Africa's new vehicle sales rose 7.2 percent year-on-year to 49,754 units in November, data from the trade and industry department showed on Friday.
* SAYS COMMERCIAL AND PASSENGER VEHICLES SALES IN DOMESTIC MARKET IN NOV AT 52,464, UP 58 PERCENT
* SAYS NOV TOTAL SALES OF 251,965 VEHICLES VERSUS 224,971 VEHICLES LAST YEAR
BRIEF-Zhengzhou Yutong's bus sales up 6.3 pct in Nov, controlling shareholder plans convertible bonds
* SAYS CONTROLLING SHAREHOLDER PLANS TO ISSUE UP TO 3.0 BILLION YUAN ($454.17 million) EXCHANGEABLE BONDS
* SAYS IT IS "COMPLETELY FALSE" THAT ITS MODEL S IS NOT AVAILABLE IN BASE VERSION IN GERMANY Further company coverage:
* Says Spain new car sales rose 12.4 percent year on year in November to 104,170 units
BERLIN, Dec 1 A German government agency has removed Tesla's Model S from the list of electric cars eligible for subsidies because it is not available in a version that falls within a 60,000 euro ($71,448) price limit.
HORNSDALE, Australia Tesla Inc switched on the world's biggest lithium ion battery on Friday in time to feed Australia's shaky power grid for the first day of summer, meeting a promise by Elon Musk to build it in 100 days or give it free. | Video
Dec 1 The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
MUNICH The head of Volkswagen's truck operations on Friday criticized Germany's prolonged political deadlock as a risk to its commercial vehicle industry and the country's international reputation.
- REFILE-Sale of the century? $300-billion Saudi state sell-off moves slowly
- BRIEF-Diana Containerships Announces Time Charter Contract For M/V Hamburg With Wan Hai Lines
- Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- UPDATE 2-Lufthansa offers EU concessions over Air Berlin asset buy
- Thomas Cook to close 50 UK stores as sales move online
- BRIEF-Air Canada Says Air Canada Rouge To Launch Non-Stop Montreal-Victoria Flights For Summer 2018
- EU mergers and takeovers (Dec 1)
- Exiled Egypt presidential hopeful plans return in coming weeks: family
- Exiled Egypt presidential hopeful plans return in coming weeks-family
- China's Citic completes $1.1 bln acquisition of Dow seeds assets in Brazil